Monday, August 11, 2014

Never A Dull Moment

It has been too long since my last blog post but have 4 boys and it being Summer has hampered my ability to juggle the blog along with everything else.  School starts in a week from tomorrow and I am sad but excited at the same time.  I am hoping that at the very least I will have a bit more time to update the blog at least once a week but let's be honest, I would settle for once a month. 

Ryan is almost 4 months old and there have been so many more changes in our house!  Hubby got the "snip snip" done so we are officially done having babies which was a sad moment for me but also a really great thing.  I think it will always be sad to have something that has been such a huge factor in our lives for almost 8 years be over with but it also is a fork in the road that brings us to a new place as a family.  I find myself trying to enjoy the small things, even the frustrating things just to hold on to the small amount of time my kids will be kids.  All too soon they will be teenagers! 

As high schoolers people ask the all to insane question of where you see yourself in 10 years and of course we are almost always wrong but at this point in life asking a mom where you see yourself in 10 years is a very real and tangible thing. 

In 10 years I will have a 17 year old who is getting ready to start his senior year and a 16 year old starting his junior year.   Evan will be almost 13 and Ryan 10!  That is such a crazy and scary thought that we are only 10 years away from that.  So as I sit here holding Ryan as he sleeps and listening to the older 3 fight over Lego's, I try very hard to just be still and enjoy it.  I know that all too soon I will be wondering why these days were gone so fast.

This summer since I haven't had cheerleader we enjoyed doing things, getting out of the house and going on adventures, attending camps, and VBS.  I never realized how much my coaching held my kids back from these little things.  I don't regret it but it definitely makes me see things in a new perspective. I've watched the older three fight over how to just be brothers.   It seems to be a never ending battle but slowly they seem to be working through it.  It will be exciting to see how Ryan fits into the mix. 

My little bit of time is coming to a close so as much as I want to keep writing, I need to get the boys to swim lessons!

Thank you all for sticking with me!  Find me on Facebook for short snip its of our daily craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment