Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Forgiveness - A Mother's Battle



You know that battle we all fight, are we good enough, are we being the best mom we can be?  It doesn't matter if your a single mom, stay at home mom, working mom, hell you could be a step ford wife living the dream and STILL battle if we are doing enough, if WE are enough.
We battle our inner demons daily, compare ourselves to the other "perfect" mom's we see posting and flaunting their accomplishments but can I let you in on a secret.  We all feel the same!  You see I have few skills but those that I do have I try very hard to perfect.  I love to bake and craft, so I share these thing but no matter how "good" I may seem  in the few things I do well at I fail in so many other things.  I fail daily wondering if being a stay at home mom is enough, I'm tired and I don't want to clean (is that ok?  Will my husband be upset that I've done nothing today?), my oldest reminds me that I forgot to sign something making him lose a block at school.  

Ya'll this mom thing ain't no joke!

My girlfriend and I vent all of the time about are we good enough.  We tease about switching lives for a few days so I can be a working mom and she can stay home.  What it all boils down to is we all struggle with the same things.  So here is my point, a dear friend from school back in the old days had a beautiful poetic child who likes to take her scrap leather and make bracelets to inspire.  Recently I bought some for the boys and one for myself, to remind myself that not only am I enough but that I need to forgive myself when I don't feel enough.

Forgive yourselves mama's because tomorrow, is another day and it can be worse than the day before.  Not what you wanted to hear but it's the truth.  Forgive yourself today and start over tomorrow because at the end of the day you don't have to be perfect to be the perfect parent to your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment