Friday, May 9, 2014

One Week Old - I'm not as young as I once was...


It's been a week, I am tired, sore, and emotional.  This is all normal post pregnancy things but now that I am no longer I'm my 20's it takes longer to recover.  I don't expect to feel 100% after a week but I want to be able to get up and walk without feeling like a hammer has hit every single joint in my body.

We took Ryan for his one week check up and he has gained almost a whole pound in the 5 days we have been home!  We left the hospital at 7 lbs 9 oz and he is now 8 lbs 7 oz!  I am extremely blessed and thankful to be able to breastfeed my little man and that he is growing although I would appreciate him slowing down a bit since he is my last and I am trying to savor every moment.  This is probably why I haven't really put him down in the week he has been here.  You can't spoil a newborn or so they say.

We are adjusting and my wonderful hubby is helping out so much which means I only feel slightly guilty that he is doing so much.  I have been able to spend my time taking care of Ryan and trying to heal.  For all of you who know me pretty well I have done nothing!  No really!  Hubby even unpacked my hospital bag!  My brain only temporarily freaked out seeing things not put away where I wanted them.

We are breastfeeding well and so far having no issues except some spitting up which I am keeping an eye on.  At first I thought he was just over eating but I think it's also my over supply.  We go back to the Dr in a week for his 2 week check up.  In the meantime we have more family adjustments!  At some point I am going to have to get out of the house on my own and help with night time duties but for now Evan, Ryan, and I will just have lazy pj days.  Hubby went back to work 2 days after we got home so we are slowly figuring things out.





Evan loves his baby brother!  He asks all the time Iis he can hold it.  Yes it, we are working on saying him.


No comments:

Post a Comment