Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How Does A Mom Of 3 Slow Down?? - Lessons in modified bed rest

I do too much...

I realize this and yet even when my Dr tells me to slow down I still cannot seem to just sit on my hands so to speak.  I watch a little girl in my neighborhood who is 19 months old so add in my 2 and a half year old and you get a recipe for non stop moving.  Things around the house still need to get done, groceries still need to be bought and yet this doesn't really equal taking it easy.  Even if you take some of that stuff out I will still find things to do that I shouldn't.

So I am learning my lesson in modified bed rest and I have my friends to thank for reminding me.  Yes all of you May mommies who tell me constantly that I need to slow down.  Today was one of those days that I started something that after 2 hours I began to regret...


This is my pantry, the after shot to be exact.  I went to Sam's and the grocery store in order to refill my fridge after vacation and once I got it all inside I looked in the pantry in order to put things away and realized I had been putting cleaning out the pantry off for so long that there was no where to put anything.  So I began cleaning and 2 hours later my pantry and fridge was cleaned out and purged of everything that was expired and broken.  I then sat down and immediaty began to regret the previous 2 hours of cleaning...

I hurt, my back hurts, my hips hurt, and yet I feel pretty good about my pantry being clean.  At least this means one thing is marked off my list and I don't attempt this at 38 weeks!  

Lessons in modified bed rest are hard lessons to learn and clearly I need to learn them quickly before the modified part becomes full bed rest....  No way I can make it long with that!!!!  

Back to the little engine that could mantra, I think I Can I think I Can!

No comments:

Post a Comment